Saturday, January 30, 2010

Prudence

I'm supposed to write a paper about the four cardinal virtues. I'm watching TV instead. When your sick, you don't feel like doing shit.
So...according to whatever article this is that I'm reading, prudence is the conscience behind knowing and doing what "is right," the balance between intent and delivery. People who are prudent know what the right thing to do is, and they do it.
Seems pretty cut and dry.
Reminds me of pragmatism.

...can i still be a badass?...

Fortitude...moral courage...being willing to suffer for the sake of another.
aka people pleaser.

Temperance is just doing good? I kinda hate the word 'good.' Like how would you even define good? Couldn't it be different for every person?...and then some.

Now justice. That's what everyone loves. Making sure everyone gets what they deserve. Justice is satisfying, worthy of human emotion. Lets get worked up about it!

...I guess I should go write that paper now...

No comments:

Post a Comment