Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Nostalgia

nos⋅tal⋅gia
   [no-stal-juh, -jee-uh, nuh-]
–noun
1. a wistful desire to return in thought or in fact to a former time in one's life, to one's home or homeland, or to one's family and friends; a sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time: a nostalgia for his college days.

I want to go home. There is peace there from the madness. I am mad. I am part of the madness. But it doesn't fit me. I am lost inside of it.
...a little drowning...
How do you save a dying drowner?

Take her home.

Leave her loved.

Love the leaver.

In her home.

1 comment:

  1. "Nostalgia," comes from nostros (a return home) and algos (a painful condition).
    Greek? no one knows, but still, a grammar lesson never hurt. I mean if these are on our list of faves, we need to know them inside and out

    ReplyDelete