Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Nostalgic Love

I'm trying my hand at creativity + photography. I combined things I love with my mom's wedding ring. I used my bedspread and pillows, roses from Valentine's Day (from Dad), a dresser (which was my mom's when she was little), an empty bottle of Mexican lemoncello from Shannen Sauret, a candle (an Anthro gift also from Dad), macbook, a Winking Owl wine cork, a wristwatch from Macy's, Anthropologie gift cards, a yellow end table from Target. I bought the teal mirror from a thrift store in Bloomington, Illinois and painted it. The nostalgia painting is my own work, with the help of my friend Calli Klopfenstein!

Click on the picture to make it larger.

















I used another of my mom's rings for the next few, just for some variety!










P.S. Happy late Valentine's Day to my mom!

1 comment:

  1. Kiki! (Are you bored?:). You really did do some great work here. Ones that specifically intrigue me:
    3,4,7,8, and 14! Lovee 14 and looks very much like a shot from a mag.

    Something worth mentioning is your attention paid to blurring. Muy bien!

    I want to join you in your next photoshoot endeavor..

    ReplyDelete